Flaxseed oil is a source of essential polyunsaturated fatty acids such as alpha-linolenic acid which is one of the key healing components.
Essential fatty acids (Omega-3 &6) are particularly valuable because the body needs them to function properly, the body can synthesize most of the fats it needs from the diet but, linolenic and alpha-linoleic acid, cannot be synthesized in the body and must be obtained from food.
Essential fatty acids assist in the development and function of the brain and nervous system, and they help regulate proper thyroid and adrenal activity.
Omega-3 benefits cover many areas of health, from mental and behavioral health to preventing premature death from disease.
Benefits of Flax Seed Oil:
- Extremely high in both soluble and insoluble fiber which can support colon detoxification and weight loss.
- Hair, skin and nail health.
- Helps lower LDL cholesterol levels.
- Promotes healthy digestive function.
- Flax seed benefits have been shown as being beneficial in fighting breast, prostate, ovarian and colon cancer.
- Helpful in reducing the symptoms of menopause.
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Helps maintain bone mineral density.
- Rich in antioxidants, provide us with antioxidant benefits for anti-aging, hormone balance and cellular health.
- May help reduce the number and severity of colds.
- Decreases inflammation in the body.
- Beneficial for overall brain health, physical and mental well-being.
May be beneficial for those who suffer from:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries)
- Certain cancers such as breast, prostate, ovarian and colon cancers.
- Mental Illnesses including Bipolar Disorder and Depression.
- Inflammatory diseases including Asthma, Arthritis and Auto Immune Disorders.