Chamomile (Matricaria recutita or M. chamomilla) is a daisy-like herb renowned in folk and traditional medicine for its health, cosmetic, and nutritional benefits.
- Reduces inflammation
- Stimulates the appetite
- Aids in digestion
- Aids in sleep
- Acts as a diuretic and nerve tonic
- Helpful for colitis and diverticulitis
- Helpful for fever, headaches and pain
- Good for menstrual cramps
- A traditional remedy for stress and anxiety
- Helps with indigestion and insomnia
- Useful as a mouthwash for minor mouth and gum infections
CHAMOMILE TEA LATTE from OhHowCivilized
Makes 2 servings
2 cups Coconut, Almond or Soy Milk (Veganized)
2 tablespoons chamomile tea (I used Gentle Blossom from Tealia.)
5 cloves, crushed
1 cinnamon stick + ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Heat milk with chamomile, cinnamon stick, & cloves in a saucepan. Steep for 5 minutes.
2. Filter the milk into a French press. Add vanilla extract. Move the French press plunger to froth the milk.
3. Pour the tea into 2 cups & sprinkle on ground cinnamon. Enjoy!
CAUTION: Do not use it if allergic to ragweed. Do not use during
pregnancy or nursing. It may interact with Warfarin or Cyclosporine
so patients taking these drugs should avoid it.